Aiyedatiwa sets conditions for conceding defeat in Ondo gov election

Date:

Governor Lucky Aiyedatiwa of Ondo State has stated that he will only concede defeat in the ongoing governorship election if the process is free from electoral malpractices.

Speaking with reporters on Saturday after casting his vote at Polling Unit 005, Ward 04, in Obenla Community, Aiyedatiwa, who is contesting under the APC banner, emphasized the need for a credible electoral process.

The governor urged his opponents to also accept the outcome of the poll as the “decision of the people.”

“If the outcome of the poll does not favour my party (APC), as long as we did not receive any report that it (poll) was fraudulent in any way. Why not? We will accept defeat,” he said.

Aiyedatiwa stated that, according to the information available to him, the election had been peaceful throughout the state.

The governor commended the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) for its management of the election.

He praised the commission for its transparency in handling the process.

“For INEC, they have been transparent with the whole process. I went through the process myself. They are adhering to the (election) process.

“And for the security operatives, they are also on ground. And so far, we have not recorded any issue or crisis anywhere,” he said.

“Although I can only be at one location at a time, from information I gathered from other locations, I have not heard of any incident of violence anywhere,” the governor added.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Share post:

Subscribe

spot_imgspot_img

Popular

More like this
Related

FG orders immediate reopening of Independence bridge amid traffic chaos

In a swift move aimed at alleviating the traffic...

Tension over missing genitals at Abia mortuary

A disturbing incident occurred on Tuesday at a mortuary...

Trump signs sweeping new global tariffs on all imports into US

United States President Donald Trump has announced tariffs of...

Ex-NYSC DG Tsiga freed after 56 days in kidnappers den

Brigadier-General Maharazu Tsiga (rtd), ex-Director-General of the National Youth...