Commuters groan as faulty truck causes heavy gridlock on Lagos-Ibadan Expressway

Date:

Commuters have been stuck on the Lagos-Ibadan Expressway following the breakdown of a truck around the Long Bridge section that has led to heavy traffic on the road.

Our reporter who observed the situation on Thursday morning gathered that the traffic stretched from the Otedola area of the expressway in Lagos down to the Warewa section of the road en route Ibadan.

As a result of the traffic, several passengers were stranded at Mowe, Magboro, Arepo and Berger Bus Stops as many commercial buses refused to ply the road given the length of time they would spend burning fuel on the road.

A bus driver was heard telling passengers to pay N1000 and N1500 respectively from Magboro to Berger, and Ketu which were usually N500 and N600.

A passenger, identified simply as Idris, lamented the delay he had been subjected to as a result of the traffic.

“There are no buses and I’m really running late. This is so unexpected this morning,” he lamented.

A driver whose name could not be ascertained in the Berger area said he would rather park his bus than ply the route.

Our reporter observed that the traffic was only on the lane leading to Ibadan from Lagos but vehicles had also been scarce on the other lane leading to Lagos from the Ibadan road as many buses expected to turn back had refused to ply the route.

The traffic was also further worsened by the diversion being carried out by construction workers on the highway which has led to a thin lane en route Warewa area.

When contacted, the spokesperson for the Federal Road Safety Corps, Ogun State Sector, Florence Okpe, confirmed that the broken down truck led to the traffic.

She said men of the FRSC were on ground to guide the traffic and ensure the towing of the truck.

“It’s as a result of a broken down truck. They’re on it. They will soon remove some of the barriers so that they can divert the traffic, as well,” she said.

She confirmed that men are on ground to tow the truck.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Share post:

Subscribe

spot_imgspot_img

Popular

More like this
Related

Alia orders investigation into destruction of LG secretariat, palace in Benue

Benue State Governor, Hyacinth Alia, has ordered the formation...

Atiku to Tinubu: Failure of your security architecture has become endemic nationwide phenomenon

Former Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), presidential candidate, Atiku Abubakar,...

Celebrities attend reception for 17th Headies Awards

The 17th Headies Awards ceremony is upcoming, and several...

Zinoleesky welcomes second child

24-year-old Nigerian singer, Oniyinde Azeez, popularly known as Zinoleesky,...